• I certify that all information provided in order to apply for and secure work with the employer is true, complete and correct.
• I understand that any information provided by me that is found to be false, incomplete or misrepresented in any respect, will be sufficient cause to (i) cancel further consideration of this application, or (ii) immediately discharge me from RLC‘s service, whenever it is discovered.
• I expressly authorize, without reservation, the employer, its representatives, employees or agents to contact and obtain information from all references (personal and professional), employers, public agencies, licensing authorities and educational institutions and to otherwise verify the accuracy of all information provided by me in this application, my resume, or job interview(s).
• I hereby waive any and all rights and claims I may have regarding the employer, its agents, employees or representatives, for seeking, gathering and using such information in the employment process and all other persons, corporations or organizations for furnishing such information about me.
• I understand that the employer does not unlawfully discriminate in employment and no question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excusing any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by applicable local, state or federal law.
• I understand that this application remains current for only 30 days. At the end of that time, if I have not heard from the employer and still wish to be considered for employment, it will be necessary to reapply and fill out a new application.
• It is my understanding that the Real Life Church is an at-will employer and by understanding this it has been explained to me that if I am hired, I understand that I am free to resign at any time, with or without cause and without prior notice, and the employer reserves the same right to terminate my employment at any time, with or without cause and without prior notice, except as may be required by law. This application does not constitute an agreement or contract for employment for any specified period or definite duration.
• I understand that no supervisor or representative of the employer is authorized to make any assurances to the contrary and that no implied oral or written agreements contrary to the foregoing express language are valid unless they are in writing and signed by myself and the Administrative Pastor of Real Life Church.
• I also understand that if I am hired, I will be required to provide proof of identity and legal authority to work in the United States and that federal immigration laws require me to complete an I-9 Form in this regard.
DO NOT SIGN UNTIL YOU HAVE READ THE ABOVE APPLICANT STATEMENT
I certify that I have read, fully understand and accept all terms of the foregoing Applicant Statement.
Real Life Church (RLC) operates in compliance with the provisions of all applicable federal and state nondiscrimination laws and regulations including, but not limited to, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Equal Pay Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and any applicable sections of the California Labor Code. These acts and/or sections prohibit discrimination, included but not limited to, the basis of the applicant’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national or ethnic origin, and physical or mental disability.
However, as a private, Christ-oriented, Bible-believing church, RLC reserves the right to exercise preference on the basis of religion in all of its employment decisions. No questions on this application or in the hiring process is intended to secure information to be used for the purpose of discrimination on any prohibited grounds. The following information will assist in selecting employees who can contribute to the objectives and guidelines of RLC.
At Real Life Church we desire to have a distinctly Christ-focused atmosphere and influence. Ministry team members participate in leading attendees, visitors and other staff in these and other Christian activities. No matter where one works, all staff are expected to live exemplary Christian lives before other staff and the congregation alike.
In applying for a ministry staff, management, or pastoral position, you are subscribing to a high moral, ethical and spiritual lifestyle and give assurance that you will try to lead employees, staff and congregation members in both word and deed, to practical, real faith for themselves. Therefore, to help us better understand your beliefs and Christian experience, please answer the following questions in your own words, typed and double-spaced on an additional sheet of paper(s).
I certify that what I have shared about myself and my spiritual walk, is both true and complete to the best of my knowledge.
I certify that I am in agreement with the RLC doctrinal statement of faith and that I support the standards of conduct listed.
I further understand, that I am required to abide by all the rules, regulations, standards of conduct, or employment policies of RLC and that RLC retains the right in its sole discretion to change any of its rules, regulations, standards of conduct or employment policies at anytime, without prior notice or without my consent.
Lastly, I pledge myself to preserve the good name of the Real Life Church, to preserve and protect its physical properties and possessions and to cooperate with all members of the RLC community in maintaining a spirit of Christian fellowship and service.
All applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, physical/mental disability, medical condition, military/veteran status, genetic information, marital status, ethnicity, citizenship or immigration status or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. By completing this application, you are seeking to join a hard-working team dedicated to Real Life Church's values and goals. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all qualified persons. Those applicants requiring accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should contact a management representative.
Real Life Church is a religious 501c3, and as such, reserves the right under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 to make employment decisions of all types on the basis of religion and our statement of faith. As such, Real Life Church will exercise a preference for employees who subscribe to Real Life Church’s Statement of Faith and are members of Real Life Church.